Connolley Metals Limited
Location: London, E16 2EZ
Hours: Mon-Friday 8am-5pm Saturdays 8am-1pm
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Overview of the company and role:
Connolley Metals is a family run business based in East London. We are looking to hire a Banksman to assist in the smooth running of our busy yard. It is a great opportunity to be part of our team with potential to grow within the business. Previous experience is preferred but training can be provided to the right candidate. Must be an excellent team worker, have strong organisation skills and work well under pressure.
- Clearly direct vehicles and mobile plant at all times ensuring they are kept separate.
- Minimise the amount of reversing where possible and be aware of the dangers caused when reversing.
- Use practical techniques and agreed system of signalling and hand signals to assist drivers and operatives in all manoeuvres.
- Be visible to drivers at all times whilst directing vehicles and plant.
- Stand in a safe position, from which to guide all vehicles without being in the way.
- Keep traffic areas free of pedestrians.
- Be fully compliant with PPE requirements of the site.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on the radio at all times.
- Report any near miss incidents involving vehicle movements in the yard to the Health & Safety Officer and complete associated paperwork.
- Assist other team members with day to day tasks such as sweeping up and generally keeping the yard in good order.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Team worker
- Ability to use initiative
- Excellent communication skills
Contact: Lauren Connolley, [email protected], 07568 339469