Job title: Burner
Company: Sims Metal
Location: Reservoir Road, Hull, HU6 7QH
Hours: 39 hours basic Monday to Friday, plus Saturday mornings as required. Overtime available.
Salary: £9.00 - £11.00 depending on experience.
Overview of the company and role: The purpose of the role is to carry out all burning activities in a safe manner, in accordance with company procedure and to ensure that all material processed adheres to grade specification, and customers’ request.
- Prepare purchased scrap through the use of a burning torch
- Examine unprepared scrap to ensure conformance with company standards
- Maintain torching environment in line with company controls
- Liaise with Site Manager / Supervisor to ensure specification for material processed
- Carry out daily visual inspections of equipment for safety
- Attend any training courses that the company proposes
- Ensure the working area is kept in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Perform such other duties as the Company may from time to time reasonably require
- Comply with all Company policies related to Code of Conduct, Environmental, Health and Safety and Community
- Previous experience in the use of flame cutting / burning scrap metal would be an advantage, but is not essential. Training can be provided.
- Proven track record of working within a team environment
- Proven ability to adhere to safety procedures whilst fulfilling daily duties
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Exceptional organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, willing to ask for assistance when needed