Chris Allsop Metal Recycling Ltd
Job title: Grab Driver (Material Re-handler with Grab and Shear attachment)
Company: Chris Allsop Metal Recycling Ltd
Location: Lodge on the Wolds, The Fosse, Cotgrave, NG12 3HG
Hours: Mon- Fri 7.30am – 4.45pm, Saturday 7.30am – 12.30pm (when required)
Overview of the company and role: We are a friendly family run business where staff are the key to our business and service, currently looking for a grab driver (Material Re-handler with Grab and Shear attachments). The ideal candidate is a friendly individual with a ‘can do’ attitude, that works well as part of a team but will also show initiative when working alone. The role is a varied one and no two days are the same, your main responsibilities will be to operate and run the grabs however you might be required to carry out other tasks in the yard at the discretion of the site Manager or Supervisor.
- Unload and grade customer material
- Operate the grab to load lorries and containers
- Operate the grab to feed the shear, shredder or baler with relevant materials
- Operate the grab with the shear attachment to process material
- Take ownership of own role and responsibilities to ensure compliance with EA & HSE regulations
- Ensure safety attire and equipment is used at all times
- Correct usage and maintenance of equipment used is essential, take care when feeding machinery not to overload or damage equipment
- Complete daily running logs relevant to the machine being operated
- Update machine diary with relevant information ie: wear part changes, repairs, issues etc.
- Complete daily check sheets relevant to plant machinery and general maintenance when required (ie: greasing, fueling etc.)
- Be flexible to carry out manual yard duties as and when required
- Desirable to have a minimum of 2 years’ grab driving experience.
- Must have a good operational understanding of plant machinery used (training provided).
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
- 3% pension company contribution
Closing date: 15/04/21
Please send your CV to Ryan Lunt: [email protected] Tel: 07866 726868.