Ward in Ilkeston
Location: Griffon Road, Quarry Hill Industrial Estate, Ilkeston, DE74RF
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays
Overview of the company and role:
WARD are a family owned business with over 80 years’ experience in the recycling industry, specialising in waste management and scrap metal.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Environment and Sustainability professional to lead us in delivering upon our Environment and Sustainability plans.
WARD is a family business with over 80 years of experience in the recycling industry. We are committed to continuous improvement in environmental compliance and have ambitious plans to take us through to 2030. We are already signed up to Pledge to Net Zero and the UN Race to Zero and have made great headway in managing and monitoring our Social Value performance.
You’ll need to be a creative thinker who is able to communicate clearly and effectively within the business to colleagues and the board and externally to stakeholders and various media.
Ensuring legislative compliance is a key part of the role. Horizon scanning for future changes whilst also overseeing day to day operations of our ever-growing number of sites which include recycling facilities, rail hubs and deep sea docks.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar role, hold a degree in an Environmental subject, in-depth knowledge and understanding of sustainability management and leadership.
To apply for this unique and exciting role in our expanding business, please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected].
- Lead the implementation and communication of environmental legislation and encourage best practice across the company.
- Train and motivate employees of all roles surrounding environmental concerns and responsibilities.
- Liaising with bodies such as the Environment Agency and Local Authorities.
- Continue our great work towards Pledge to Net Zero and UN Race to Zero.
- Must hold a degree in an Environmental subject.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough and current knowledge of sustainability strategies and current laws and regulations.
- Electric Company Vehicle
- Access to the Re-WARD Benefits Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive Salary
For further information, please visit www.ward.com/about-us/careers
Closing date: 31 January 2022
Contact: [email protected]