Ward at Illkeston
Location: Donald Ward House, East Street, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 5JB
Hours: 40 hours per week, Mondays - Fridays
Overview of the company and role: Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, this role will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the health, safety and environment management system and policies which underpin Health and Safety practices across four large sites in Derbyshire and at our other locations, including Immingham and Barking.
The Health and Safety Officer will be responsible for reviewing the effectiveness of the management system, conducting assessments of measures and offering practical solutions to improve performance. They will assist with coaching the workforce and ensuring good behaviours and safe working methods are being understood, promoted and adhered to consistently.
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £150m, employs over 300 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. For more information on our business, please see our website.
- Delivering the Health and Safety strategy across the business
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents and identifying recommendations
- Challenge unsafe actions across the sites
- Facilitating Health and Safety Inductions to new employees
- Deliver Internal training to individuals and groups, such as Hazard Alerts.
- Being present on sites regularly, and providing advice to all staff
- Collate and prepare reports and present findings and continuous improvement opportunities during meetings.
- Ensure all documentation is up to date and stored correctly on our Management and Training systems
- Deputise for the Health and Safety Manager when required
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience within a similar role
- Demonstrable experience in improving health and safety behaviours
- Industry experience within waste, engineering or manufacturing (desirable)
- A genuine passion for the role
- The ability to conduct various internal training courses
- Company car
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Scheme
- Training and Development Opportunities
For further information, please visit www.ward.com/about-us/careers
Closing date: 31 January 2022
Contact: [email protected]