Chris Allsop Metal Recycling
Job title: HGV Driver Class 1 and 2
Company: Chris Allsop Metal Recycling
Location: Lodge on the Wolds, The Fosse, Cotgrave, NG12 3HG
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30am – 4:45pm
Overview of the company and role: We are a friendly family run business where staff are the key to our business and service, currently looking for a Class 1 and 2 HGV driver. The ideal candidate is a friendly individual with a ‘can do’ attitude, that works well as part of a team but will also show initiative when working alone.
- Be competent with vehicles we use – RORO lorries, Artic lorries and Skip lorries
- Have a polite friendly persona when dealing with customers and must be calm and patient behind the wheel.
- Deliver, exchange, or collect scrap loads safely from suppliers’ sites
- Deliver loads to customer sites
- Conduct daily checks on vehicles and report problems accordingly (defect reports)
- Ensure safety attire and equipment is used at all times (where applicable). Must ensure all loads are safe before travelling.
- Complete relevant paperwork required for each load transferred.
- Occasional yard duties when transport duties are quiet.
- Any other duties as directed by the Yard Manager / Supervisor
- Class 1 and 2 with a minimum 2 years’ experience
- Can you operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
- Are you organised, safety conscious and motivated?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company bonus scheme
- 3% pension company contribution
Closing Date: 15/04/21
Please send your CV to Ryan Lunt: [email protected] Tel: 07866 726868.