Chris Allsop Metal Recycling Ltd
Location: Lodge on the Wolds, Cotgrave, Nottingham
Hours: Mon – Fri 7:30am – 4:45pm, Saturday 8am – 12pm (on a rota)
Overview of the company and role:
- Chris Allsop Metal Recycling is a family run business based in Nottingham. We buy, collect, process and sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals, currently looking to hire a Yard Operative to run the Non-Ferrous department in our Cotgrave site.
- Serve customers who have small quantities of scrap, weigh items on the scales and process their ticket directly onto the computer system.
- Sort and process scrap material (using machinery where required)
- Direct customer and supplier traffic in the yard (banksman duties)
- Operate a forklift confidently and safely where necessary
- Ensure FLT daily check sheets are completed
- Ensure safety attire and equipment is used at all times
- Safely operate and be willing to learn the operation of various items of plant and machinery on site.
- Conduct daily checks on mobile plant and report problems accordingly.
- Any other duties as directed by the Yard Manager / Supervisor
- Can you operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment?
- Are you adaptable to meet business priorities?
- Do you have good communication and customer service skills?
- Are you organised, safety conscious and motivated?
- Are you comfortable working outside?
- Can you work Saturdays mornings if required?
- Can you travel to and from the Yard without difficulty?
Desirable to have a minimum of 2 years forklift driving experience.
Must be a team player but also show initiative to work individually. Show determination and flexibility with a positive attitude.
Training provided and tickets funded where necessary.
Vacancy based at our Cotgrave site but flexibility required to also work at Colwick site when required.
Benefits include: Company bonus, uniform, free parking
Contact: Ryan Lunt, 07866726868