Madrid - (14) 15 June 2022
After two years of cancellations due to COVID, EuRIC is delighted to announce that the European Recycling Conference (ERC) is back! The ERC is organised in close cooperation with the Spanish Recycling Federation FER and will take place on (14)15 June 2022 at IFEMA in Madrid.
The 4th edition of the ERC will bring together top-level Executives from companies, Federations’ leaders and officials from EU institutions, offer unique networking opportunities and provide you with the latest regulatory and business developments at European level and beyond.
What you get, who you meet:
- The latest regulatory updates at European level and beyond, with the participation of the European Commission, for a variety of waste streams!
The program features both keynote interventions about the latest policy developments (revision of the waste shipment regulation, development of end-of-waste criteria) and sessions dedicated to the most recycled and traded streams (metals, paper, tyres, textiles, plastics, etc.) and EU-funded project to recycle multilayer plastics (CIMPA)!
- First-hand business trends that will shape the recycling industry for the months to come!
- A unique opportunity to network with both European Executives of Recycling Federations and Companies as well as with the Spanish waste management and recycling industry:
Co-organised with FER, the Spanish Recycling Federation, the ERC will gather leading recycling companies active in Spain. On top, the ERC will be an integral part of the International Recycling and Recovery Trade Fair in Madrid attracting over 10 000 visitors and 200 exhibition stands.
Av. del Partenón, n° 5
Don’t miss the ERC and take advantage of the Early Bird Rates by registering before 15 May 2022.
For any additional information, questions and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Axelle Legros at [email protected]
20:00 : Welcome cocktail
09:30-10:00: Registration for attendees
10:00 - 10:30: Opening
- Olivier François, President of EuRIC
- Ion Olaeta, FER President
- Alicia Garcia-Franco, FER Secretary General
- José Vicente de los Mozos, IFEMA President Executive Board
10:30 - 10:45: Keynote Speaker: Key market trends among regulatory risks for non-ferrous metals
- Murat Bayram, Director of EMR
- Emmanuel Katrakis, Secretary General of EuRIC
10:45 – 12:00: Uncertain times for free and fair trade of raw materials from recycling
- Tom Bird, President of the BIR
- Fred Fischer, ISRI
- Sanjay Mehta, President of MRAI
- Mir Mujtaba, President of BMR
- Hans van de Nes, President of ERPA
12:00 – 12:30: Sponsored Coffee break
12:30 – 13:00: Key market drivers for tyre recycling and end-applications from ELT recycling
- Mark Murfitt, Vice-President of EuRIC MTR, CEO of Murfitt Industries
- Lars Rauhauge, Environment & Business Development, GENAN
13:00 – 13:15: Sponsors
13:15 – 14:00: EU wide end-of-waste: now or never?
- Emma de Pierrepont, PAPREC
- Paul Mayhew, MBA Polymers
- Manuel Dominguez, REPACAR
14:00 – 15:15: Lunch - IFEMA
15:15 – 15:45: Keynote Speech: Implementing the new Circular Economy Action Plan
- Enrique Garcia John, Policy Officer, From Waste to Resources, DG Environment, European Commission
15:45 – 16:30: CIMPA - (Horizon 2020): Making multilayer plastics more circular
- Céline Chevallier, IPC
- Salvador Martínez de Maya, eversia
- Vanessa Gutiérrez Aragonés, AIMPLAS
- Sophie Sicard, PAPREC
- Maria Vera Duran, EuRIC
16:30 – 17:00: Textiles: Spinning a strategy to make textiles circular.
- Mariska Boer, President of EuRIC Textiles
17:00 - 17:30: Keynote concluding speech: First lessons learned in ever-changing market conditions for Steel & raw materials
- Murat Eryilmaz, General Manager, Steelorbis
17:30: Concluding Words
- Alicia Garcia-Franco, FER
- Emmanuel Katrakis, EuRIC
20:00 - 03:00 : Gala Dinner - La Quinta Del Jarama