The BMRA can’t be the voice of the UK metals recycling sector without its continued support from international members.
International members are a key reason we can continue to build on the momentum we have by talking to Government, increasing the industry’s visibility to the public, and raising the industry’s profile internationally.
With the Golf Day and Annual Dinner being the premier events of the UK metals recycling industry, we offer you a terrific platform to showcase what you do outside of the UK. This year also saw the busiest networking event the BMRA has had since its inception.
The Secretariat continues to fight the challenges that could impact BMRA members, and with the highest number of members the Association has had for several years, the industry as a whole is demonstrating that it is stronger together. We look forward to you remaining in membership as an international member who plays a vital role in the industry.
BMRA is proud to say that we represent 80% of the top 50 metal recyclers in the UK (by value) and that 90% of the UK’s scrap is handled by BMRA member companies. Our membership is growing and offers international companies such as yours, a unique opportunity to engage with this top-flight group of companies.
In particular, international members have access to a wide range of exclusive promotional opportunities:
- Meet UK-based metal recyclers and attend BMRA events: Meet BMRA members at the Summer Dinner and Golf Day (July) and the BMRA Annual Dinner (November). Sponsorship opportunities are available.
- News and content: The opportunity to supply news (new products, CSR), opinion pieces, and thought leadership. This is promoted via the website, all social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn), FRAGments (the BMRA monthly email newsletter) and Scrapbook, the only magazine for the metal recycling industry in the UK.
- Scrapbook: Published every two months (print and digitally), there is the opportunity to purchase an exclusive full-page advert. It is distributed to every member site, key industry stakeholders, and MPs.
- FRAGments: BMRA’s monthly member newsletter. Two landscape 1200 px x 300 px adverts (purchased together or separately). One at the top of the newsletter, one at the bottom
- Website directory listing: You have your own page on recyclemetals.org, that you can populate with relevant information.
- Access to meeting facilities in the UK: BMRA members are able to use the BMRA meeting room free of charge.
- Email to BMRA members: A BMRA international member is able to send an email to ordinary BMRA members once per year as part of its membership of the BMRA. (These are sent subject to availability, and BMRA members will not receive more than three a month.)