Sims Metal Management, Birchwood Lane, Alfreton DE55 4NH.
This position is responsible for carrying out all activities necessary to ensure the safe loading and unloading of material entering the site for disposal. Ensuring goods are transported in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with company procedures. Working in Alfreton, the successful candidate will be part of a team working under the supervision of a knowledgeable and supportive Site Manager.
- Ensure vehicles are loaded and unloaded in a safe and proper manner
- Ensure materials are stored in accordance with company policy
- Ensure daily checks are completed.
- Attend any training courses that the company proposes
- Co-ordinate with other operatives to ensure the correct processing of all loads
- Carry out final inspection of dispatched scrap materials
- Process material to conform with grade specifications as directed
- Exceptional organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of working within a team environment.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Valid 360o Material Handler/Wheeled loading shovel licence, as applicable, is essential
- Knowledge of metals grades an advantage
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety
£10.18 per hour, 39 hours a week.